Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simple Saturdays & Sundays

My family is crazy busy all week long. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights I rush out the door almost as soon as my husband gets home. That means he has worked all day then comes home to take care of the baby all night. For me it means I am on call 24/7 for the baby plus I attend college full time. Avin likes attention and so it can be hard to get things done around the house during the day. That means that I'm left trying to use Thursday and Friday evening to catch up on housework and homework. That usually flows over into the weekend as well. Suddenly the only two days we have to spend as a family are eaten up with chores and homework. Amazingly I've realized that chores and homework are not our biggest weekend time drains. Technology is! My husband plays video games zones in front of the tv with his ipod to relax and I talk on the phone and surf the internet. The end result? ZERO quality family time! So, I've decided we are switching to simple Saturdays & Sundays. We will be unplugging from technology on weekends and living a more simple life. Weekends are going to be about spending quality time with our family and going back to church~ I apologize for not posting on weekends in the future but I hope you understand! I encourage you to "unplug" and go back to simplier activities this weekend, even if it is only for a few hours.

No comments: