Thursday, April 8, 2010

You'll Never Believe What Avin Did Today...

Ok, so Avin will be 10 months old on the 17th so I thought I had months, maybe years before he started being really rotten... it's official, I was WRONG! He's active from the time he wakes up until you force him to sleep and then he's popping back up shortly. Last night he was playing in the floor and my husband turned around to see naked baby buns streaking across the living room. Avin had managed in about 60 seconds to remove his pants and diaper! I laughed and didn't think anything more about it until this morning when he removed his pants again. Still, I didn't stress over it, I just laughed it off. Fast forward to after nap when I am trying to put away his clean clothes and have fished him out from under crib, behind the chair, and everywhere in between. I finally gave up and set him in his crib long enough to hang up his few little shirts. 3 shirts into hanging I heard water running. I whipped around thinking that somehow the humidifier sprung a leak and then I see him...Standing up, hanging on to the crib rail, naked from the waist down, peeing EVERYWHERE and laughing! I had to laugh because he was so happy about the whole process but honestly when I was stripping the crib bumper, the sheets, and the dry pad of the bed it didn't seem nearly as funny. I just pray this was an isolated incident and not a preview of his upcoming antics.

Babies...the only people in the world who can be in the middle of being bad and still manage to make you think they are cute!

4 comments:

Winkydinks said...

it's only a preview of what's to come (sorry to say!), my first was the same way. The good news? He may potty train a lot faster if he's in tune with what's happening! lol.

Jessica R. said...

It's how they keep you from throwing them out the window. Ha! Darn kids.

Hope you manage to keep his diaper on from now on!

amanda huerta said...

I have 3 boys and it never gets better, it just becomes a different kind of rotten. Its a ride and you should hold on but it is so fun and so rewarding that you almost forget about the bad stuff. Good Luck with your little one. I love reading your blog.

Nancy said...

Kids can strip off their clothes in a wink! They certainly keep us on our toes! Good luck!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com