Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ecomom.com Lip Gloss and Lip Balm Review



Sproutbaby is now Ecomom.com!  Jody has branched out into tons of new organic products for moms, dads, and baby.  I was super lucky to get to try a couple of items from her beauty section of the store.  I received 100% Pure Lip Gloss in Juicy Pink Grapefruit and Italian Red Mandarin with Rose Lip Balm. 


The Italian Red Mandarin with Rose Lip Balm smelled like a huge bouquet of roses as soon as you took of the lid.  I ended up giving it to my Grandma simply because the smell sent my allergies into a frenzy.  I did try it out before I gave it away and I loved the way it felt on my lips.  The container is fatter than a tradition chapstick/lip balm so you don't have to make a million passes to get overall coverage.  It smoothed on with no cakey or waxy feel and made my lips feel so soft and smooth! According to the ecomom.com website "Pangea Organics lip balms have bioavailability (easy for the blood to use), absorb well into the skin and are long-lasting. Rich in vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids, their lip balm contains powerful healing properties that are good for you, and good for the lips."  I'm all about organic beauty products that are actually good for me!!!

I love this lip gloss! It is very similar to my natural lip color so I can wear it with anything.  It tastes yummy on my lips and I love the the color is actually made from fruit pigments not artificial dyes.  The ingredient list reads more like a grocery list than a cosmetic.  The ingredients are: Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), contains all or some of the following fruit pigments: Pomegranate, Wine, Cherry, Cranberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Peach, Cocoa Bean and Plum, Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Grapeseed Oil, Honey, Shea Butter.  You just can't find that in most cosmetic items.  This gloss is not teeny-bopper shiny and it is not sticky feeling on your lips.  My only complaint is that the application wand tip is very small and it usually takes me 3-5 times of dipping it in the bottle and applying before my lips are covered. 

If you are looking for high quality organic products for the entire family then Ecomom.com is the place for you! Stop in and check out all the new items Jody has in stock.  Follow Ecomom.com on facebook or twitter to keep up all the great sales!

No comments: